We have a tendency to forget that the things we buy do come with an expiration date. So, a lot of times, we end up dragging things out long before they have stopped serving their function. Our mattresses for one are one of those things.
It is absolutely essential for our overall health to get proper sleep, however, if you have been noticing that thi
s hasn’t been the case even though nothing has really changed in your life including workplace demands or any other changes, then the problem probably lies with your mattress. So we’re going to help you identify a few signs to help you know when it is time to change your mattress.
• Mattresses typically last between 7-10 years. If your mattress is older than that, it’s recommended to get it changed.
• If you have a spring mattress, you can physically tell when the spring is damaged or no longer serving its function. Similarly, with foam mattresses, if you notice that your mattress is physically distended or deformed, then it may be time to get it changed.
• Bed bugs can be really troublesome to deal with. So, if you happen to have a severe case of bedbugs, it might be time to get your bedroom furniture and mattress changed, and get your house fumigated in the process as well.
• If your needs have changed, for example, if you had a small bad for a single person but is now being occupied by two people, you should get your mattress changed. Sleeping in a tight and uncomfortable position will lead to muscle problems overtime.
• If you wake up with sore muscles around your neck or shoulders, you might have to evaluate the condition of your mattress.
To check out other mattress options, you can visit www.simplyspecialbedding.com.